1. Eligibility to contribute
To participate and contribute to Quitpath Platform, you must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Submission and review of content
- Quitpath reserves the right to review all Content submitted to Quitpath Platform, and to refuse to publish to the Quitpath Platform and to delete to the server on which Quitpath Platform is located, any Content that Quitpath deems, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or inappropriate, including without limitation Content that:
(a) is defamatory or obscene;
(b) threatens or is hateful towards a specific group of people;
(c) is unlawful;
(d) advertises private interests;
(e) impersonates or falsely claims to represent a person or organization; or
(f) invades the privacy of any person or otherwise violates the rights of any person.
- Quitpath reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any Content that potentially or actually infringes any third party’s copyright, trademark, right of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other right.
- If you are concerned about inappropriate content please email us, citing the date and author of the Content in question.
3. Ownership and license
- You retain ownership of all Content you submit to Quitpath Platform (“Your Content“). You represent and warrant that:
(a) Your Content is (i) your original work, or (ii) has been provided to you or obtained by you to the rightful owner with all necessary permissions;
(b) Your Content does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
- By submitting Your Content to Quitpath Platform, and in consideration of the opportunity to participate in Quitpath Platform and other valuable consideration (the receipt and sufficiency of which you hereby acknowledge), you grant Quitpath a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publish, communicate to the public by telecommunication, modify, display and distribute Your Content in any and all formats for any and all purposes associated with the Quitpath Platform.
- You agree that Quitpath may reformat, rearrange or otherwise modify Your Content, and you understand and acknowledge that Quitpath has no obligation to acknowledge you by name or pseudonym as the author of Your Content.
- With the exception of Your Content and Content submitted to Quitpath by other contributors, all intellectual property in the Quitpath Platform, including but not limited to copyright, official marks or trademarks, is owned by Quitpath. Copying or unauthorized use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of Quitpath is prohibited.
4. Access to information
If a request is made for access to your personal information where the information in question has not already been made public by you, you will be contacted to determine if you consent or not to this disclosure. If you choose to not consent, your personal information will not be disclosed.
5. Collection of personal information
- Your personal information including name, email address, phone number, photographic image and opinions, are characterized as “personal information”. We are collecting this information to support you with your quit smoking process or to help someone else to quit smoking or to review the member area. We want to undertake research to determine the success of the site and ways to improve our service. Therefore, Quitpath is collecting personal information to both support you and to engage in research. Your email address or phone number may be used to: (a) contact you for clarification of your comment(s); (b) contact your for research purposes; and (c) provide you with notices about changes to the service or new programs being offered by Quitpath.
- If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, please contact us.
6. Access and disclosure
- the use of your personal information for the purposes outlined in Article 5 above;
- the disclosure of your personal information to Quitpath independent contractors or service providers to the extent that such independent contractors or service providers require access to such information in order to perform services in connection with the Quitpath Platform;
- for the purpose of participating in the Quitpath Platform, the public disclosure of and access in or outside of Canada to personal information that you post and is publicly available; and
- if you have consented, at the time of your registration on the Quitpath Platform, to the disclosure of your personal information to a third party surveyor, the surveyor will only contact you to conduct a one-time evaluation of Quitpath Platform approximately 7 months after your initial registration with Quitpath Platform. You may revoke your consent to the disclosure of your personal information, and participation in this one-time evaluation by contacting us. Revoking your consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the surveyor will not change the smoking cessation services available to you through Quitpath Platform.
7. Unsubscribing from the Quitpath text program
You can opt-out of the text service at any time by texting STOP. Alternatively, you can sign in to your account and unsubscribe from there.
8. Limitation of liability and indemnity
- You agree that under no circumstances will Quitpath or any of its respective employees or agents be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages based on:
(b) any use by you of the Quitpath Platform; or
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Quitpath and all of its respective employees and agents to and against all claims, demands, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising to:
(a) your use of the Quitpath Platform;
(c) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any claims or actions based on infringement or violation of intellectual property rights, libel or slander or other defamation, rights of privacy or rights of publicity; and
(d) any claim that any of Your Content caused damage to a third party.
The Quitpath Platform and all of the information it contains are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. All implied warranties, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement are hereby expressly disclaimed.
10. Additional terms