Quit experts share their smoking cessation smarts in a series of short videos.
- Pharmacists who talk to their clients about smoking can increase their chances of making a quit attempt by 30%.
- Dr. Milan Khara, Addiction Medicine Physician, discusses how a brief intervention of 3 minutes or less can significantly increase the likelihood that your patients will quit smoking. (1:13 min)
- Dr. Khara explains a brief intervention using the 5As approach to helping your patients quit. Busy clinicians can also use the 3As: Ask-Advise-Arrange by Referring to QuitNow Services.
- Dr. Khara conducts role play with a patient to show that it only takes about 3 minutes of your time to help your patients quit, yet can make a lifetime of difference.
- Dr. Khara discusses why it’s critical that healthcare providers talk to their patients/clients about smoking and how QuitNow Services makes helping easy.
- Dr. Joyce Ling, Dentist, discusses how easy it is during a routine visit to talk to your patients about smoking - and you can do it while you work.
- Dr. Debbie Thompson addresses questions and concerns of client seeking information on Nicotine Replacement Therapies, including nicotine patch, lozenge, gum & inhaler.
- Dr. Debbie Thompson discusses the Pro's & Con's of using the nicotine patch and how to use it properly to reduce cravings.
- Dr. Debbie Thompson discusses the best way to use nicotine gum to deal with cravings.
- Dr. Debbie Thompson discusses the best way to use nicotine lozenges and inhalers to deal with cravings.
- Dr. Thompson explains the 50% rule for NRT (gum, patch, inhaler) to avoid withdrawal symptoms.