We are here to support, not judge, one another. With that in mind please adhere to the following rules:
- Be respectful. Treat others as you would want to be treated. It’s okay to disagree with someone, just be civil about it. Mind your manners. No name calling. Enough said.
- Be supportive. Keep the community spirit alive. Answer questions, offer advice, and say your thank yous. Keep it positive.
- Don’t be repetitive. Search through previous posts to see if your topic has already been covered before opening up a new thread.
- Keep it relevant. Posts should be related to the process and experience of quitting smoking. That’s why we’re all here, and what brings this community together.
- Respect the conversation. If you want to talk about something else or change the topic, start a new thread.
- Don’t be spammy. No spam or commercial promotion. Do not use a forum to promote your product, service or business.
- Keep private information private. This forum is part of the public domain, so do not post personal identifiable content about yourself or others. Maintaining some anonymity makes if safer for members to share personal experiences.
- Keep it legal. No copyrighted or otherwise illegal content. Respect the rules and keep the lawyers at bay.
- Keep it clean. Profanity and sexually-explicit content are strictly prohibited.
- Keep it inclusive. Leave politics and religion at the door. This is a place to find information and support, not to argue over the issues of the day.
- Please limit or avoid reposting old posts to ensure the forums do not become flooded, thereby taking away to newer conversations. We are removing posts which are older than 6 months to the forum.
- DON’T BE A SHOUTER. Finally, unless your keyboard really is broken, please keep the caps-lock to a minimum.
Note: The forums are regularly monitored. The forum is here to provide a supportive environment for people quitting and staying quit. Any unrelated or off-color content is removed. Moderators may edit or delete any post, at their discretion, that they consider offensive, vulgar or disruptive to the user community, and posting privileges may be cancelled.
Please report any concerns or inappropriate postings by clicking on "Options >> Report" on the relevant post or comment. Alternately you can contact us with any concerns.